Thank you for your donations to Limbs for Life. Your generosity allows us to continue to provide prosthetic care to amputees who otherwise cannot afford it.
Click the link above and sign up for our email newsletter. We will keep you informed about opportunities to get involved with Limbs for Life.
Interested in a more hands on approach? Help raise funds by organizing an event in your community. Scroll down to learn more.
DONATE USED LIMBS
Used prosthetic limbs are priceless to Limbs for Life!
We can utilize many of the component parts for new limbs. While U.S. regulations restrict the use of some items, we are able to share many types of component parts with our international partners. Recently, in addition to providing prosthetic limbs to clients in 21 states, we have shared with organizations assisting amputees in Mongolia, Panama, Nigeria, the Philippines, Dominican Republic and Syria. Limbs for Life Foundation serves as a repository for used prosthetic limbs. Download the IN KIND DONOR FORM here. Please complete and mail with donation and see details below.
View this HELPFUL VIDEO for further direction.
– Used limbs from anywhere in the United States
– Accessories- UNUSED ONLY liners, socks, sleeves, etc.
– Pins from liners, misc. hardware and parts, feet, belts, etc.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
– USED textile products (liners, socks, sleeves)
– New or used orthotics, corrective shoes or braces
– Crutches, wheelchairs, or other durable medical equipment
– Medical supplies of any kind (including post-amputation bandages, limb protectors)
– Please pack items for shipping and send via U.S. Postal Service, FedEx or UPS. Be sure to include completed Donor Form referenced above.
– Your contribution of shipping charges is greatly appreciated as we cannot currently pay for shipping of donated items.
– Your contribution may be tax deductible. Limbs for Life will provide documentation of the donation, but does not assign value. Please discuss the value of your donation with your prosthetic provider or tax adviser.
– Please include donor name, complete mailing address and email (if you would like to receive our newsletter electronically) with your shipment so we may acknowledge your contribution for tax purposes.
For further information regarding a donation, contact our office toll free at 1-888-235-5462 or email@example.com.
You may ship directly to:
Limbs for Life
9604 N May Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Raise Funds, Organize an Event or Limb Collection Drive:
On average, 507 amputations occur in the U.S. each day. While some people have resources to obtain prosthetic care, many more do not. Amputees are faced with staggering emotional and financial lifestyle changes. While high-tech prosthetic devices are available, they are out of reach for many low-income amputees. The cost for a prosthetic limb can range from $10,000 to over $100,000. Through partnerships with prosthetic clinics and donations of component parts, Limbs for Life pays $2,500 for a below-knee prosthetic limb and $3,500 for an above-knee limb.
You can help by hosting a fundraising event or prosthetic limb drive in your community. Limbs for Life can provide recruitment letters, logos, banners, sample press releases and other support for your event. We work with Crowdrise, an online fundraising source, to manage event donations across the country. Set up your Crowdrise account (https://www.crowdrise.com/limbsforlifeorg ) to get started. Many groups and individuals have hosted activities to raise awareness and money including:
|Pittsburgh, PA –
Joe Shanahan Memorial at The Down There Bar. 3rd year event organized by his daughter, Ashley included Auction, Raffle and Contests, Volunteers serving as waitstaff for tips. In 3 years, events has raised $12,215 for prosthetic care for amputees in need.
|Klein, TX – Doerre Intermediate School Color Run, Now in 3rd year; The annual event by middle school students has generated over $8,500.||$3,400|
Clarks Shoes hosted their annual “Get People Walking” campaign in December with point of purchase donations. The nation-wide event raised $32,310 for prosthetic care and support. Thank you Clarks employees and customers for your tremendous support
|Preston, MD –Caitlin’s Run Across Maryland
College Student Caitlin Adams ran 300+ miles across Maryland raising funds and awareness for LFL through Crowdrise.
Disabled American Veterans
Chapters host Limb Drives to collect used prosthetics. Limbs for Life is able to reuse some prosthetic components. By hosting a limb drive, you help increase our inventory and we are able to assist more clients both in the U.S. and in other countries where we have existing partnerships. Contact us to schedule a limb drive and receive a counter card display.
For more information and to get started on your event to benefit Limbs for Life, please contact:
Shelley Dutton at 405-286-5027 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org